Dynamic construction area and high-value assets called for state-of-the-art surveillance solution
World-leading €14,5 B construction company Skanska and the Danish architects Schmidt Hammer Kassen were appointed by the City of Malmö. The project objective: to combine meetings, congresses, concerts, and a hotel – all in on one site. Completed, Malmö Live reaches an astounding height of 85 meters and is visible from all of Malmö, the Øresund Bridge, and parts of Copenhagen. The project was Malmö’s at the time largest construction site.
“It feels safe to know that Irisity’s system sends an alarm directly if something is not as it should. It is also great to get rid of the false alarms.”
Erik Abäck, Production Manager at Malmö Live comments: “This high profile project needs to be protected because it is the largest building project in Malmö, with over 500 workers in the city center. We want to make sure that only our people are within the premises.” He further explains: “There is a lot of valuable building material that needs protection and the site is changing all the time. This puts a lot of pressure on the system. Erik appreciates that the system detects unwanted activity live and that an operator can rapidly proceed with the most suitable measure in real time.
- Large area of approx. 10 000 sqm
- Complex and dynamic construction site
- High-value machines and assets on-site
- No production stops allowed, due to high costs
CONSTRUCTION GUARD – flexible camera surveillance connected to Irisity’s unique alarm center network.
- Easy to adjust alarm time and zones at dynamic construction sites
- Intrusion detection – Detect break-ins at the site in real-time
- Loitering detection – Act early before the breakin even occurs
- High quality cameras with intelligent AI software monitor large outdoor areas even in bad weather and low light conditions
- 42 break-in attempts detected and stopped
- Full cover surveillance of large areas with only a few cameras
- No stops in production or thefts occurred
Curious to know more?
Contact the sales team!
Lindholmspiren 7A, 417 56, Gothenburg, Sweden
Phone: +46 771 41 11 00